Wednesday, December 9, 2009


Inspired by a Kaffe Fassett design, which was a reproduction of a quilt made by Jane Austen, this quilt has been simmering on the back burner for a while.  I made some design decisions which I regret now as I'm not at all happy with my version.  If I were to do it again, I would include the center medallion and arrange the fabrics in a trip-around-the-world configuration, like the original,  instead of the random placement.  However, I would really like to add some more interesting elements to this one first.  It's crying out for something, I don't know what.  I started adding french knots, as you can see in the lower photo, but stopped with two as thread heavy enough to show up would tear holes in the fabric and I wouldn't be able to take them out if they looked a little silly.  I'm open to suggestions if you have any.  I would like to save it as I love the fabrics and the diamond motif.  :o)